As such we shall:
ENOC is committed to operational excellence and be 'best-in-class' for stakeholder satisfaction, prosperity and sustainable growth. Our products, assets and services shall be safe and comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other requirements that we subscribe to.
EHSQ compliance is an inherent part of our business planning, strategic and operational objectives.
- Protect the safety and occupational health of our employees, contractors and customers.
- Use cost-effective methodologies for the efficient use of materials, energy, water
and other resources.
- Prevent pollution, preserve biological diversity, and safeguard the environment for
- Minimize risks to people, assets, and the surrounding community which
may be affected by our operations by controlling the design, build, operation
and maintenance of assets under the protection of
systems and facilities.
- Report financial and non-financial ‘Critical Success Factors’ as KPIs to
our own, and more importantly our stakeholders’ perception of
- Have transparent, well documented, easily understood and accessible
processes and systems.
- Train and motivate all employees to understand and implement
this policy, and to make it available to all stakeholders to encourage
- Review the suitability of this policy at least once every three years to
maintain its relevance and to identify areas for improvement.
- Audit and review our performance and practices against this policy.
The Management shall provide all necessary resources to enable the
implementation of EHSQ management systems; and promote this culture in
cooperation with our employees.
Group Chief Executive